Well... what do I do now that I'm not training like crazy for the Biggest Loser competition? I must admit, it felt a little weird to have it be over. Like there is a bit of a void in my life now. But I did get my treadmill set up & have used it (and LOVE it) & am still going to Bootcamps with Janine at V02 Max.
So now that I'm not eating Jenny Craig foods exclusively, I've been Eating Clean. For those of you not previously acquainted with this plan, it's a lifestyle that's been brought to the pages of many books & cookbooks by Tosca Reno...someone who went from being over 200lbs to being a fitness guru. Her blog is here.
Baiscally (This is from the Eat Clean Diet website) "it is eating the way nature intended. You eat the foods our bodies evolved to function best on, and that makes you feel – and look – fantastic. When you Eat Clean you eat more often. You will eat lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. These practices keep your blood-sugar levels stable and keep you satisfied."
Here are the generalized principles of Eating Clean:
1) Eat 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day.
2) Eat every 2-3 hours.
3) Combine lean protein & complex carbohyfrates at every meal.
4) Drink at least 2L (8 cups) of water per day.
5) Never miss a meal, especially breakfast.
6) Avoid all processed, refined foods - especially white sugar & white flour
7) Carry a cooler loaded with Eat-Clean foods to get through the day.
8) Consume adequate healthy fats (EFAs) each day.
9) Avoid saturated & trans fats.
10) Avoid sugar loaded colas & juices.
11) Avoid alcohol; it's another form of sugar.
12) Avoid all caloie dense foods that contain little or no nutrtional value.
13) Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for fibre, vitamins & enzymes. (Plus they get you through the day)14) Stick to proper portion sizes & give up the super sizing!
So that's what I've been trying to do. I had a personal assessment done by Janine at V02 Max & have been tracking what I'm eating. I've been doing my best to keep up with bootcamps & doing cardio at home. I've had a few people ask for my help & I am so honoured. I will do my best to help out where ever I can, offereing example from my own experience & advice based on what I've done & am doing. time permitting, of course,,,as my life seems to be a non-stop roller coaster!... So if I haven't gotten back to you yet, it's not because I don't want to.... it's just that I need a few extra hours in the day!
Here are a few pics of what inside my Eating Clean fridge...
And my protein shake making station:
So if anyone wants to chat Eating Clean (Kristi...I will get back to you... I know you guys are interested) feel free to ask & I can give you the low down.