Thursday, June 19, 2014

Product Reviews! Things I've Been Loving Lately



1. Green Pastures Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver Oil - There is awesome info about FCLO here  “Fermented cod liver oil is the one supplement I think nearly everyone can benefit from. I’ve seen it clear acne, lift depression, balance hormones, and reverse autoimmunity. I use it myself and recommend it to all of my patients.” – Chris Kresser, L.Ac.

2. PB2 - I found out about PB2 from Alex's cousin, Ashley, who has been a huge motivator for me. It's powdered peanut butter & has less fat than straight up peanut butter. You can add the powder directly to smoothies/baking, or reconstitute it with water!

3. Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate Gelatin - I found out about this gelatin from my dear friend, Kristi, who has taught me a lot about health & wellness! Collagen "is a  hydrolyzed gelatin...recommended as a pure protein source and collagen supplement...As we age, our bodies produce less collagen, causing our skin and bones to lose their flexibility, and we experience stiff joints and wrinkles associated with aging.  Athletes whose bodies are required to regenerate collagen fibers for optimal body fitness find that hydrolyzed gelatin, a protein source that is both tryptophan-free and sugar-free, also enhances athletic performance and speeds recovery.  Great Lakes Hydrolysate Gelatin is also recommended as a weight loss suppressant because of its ability to suppress the appetite.  Supplementing our diets with Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Gelatin is a healthy way to add a protein in its most absorbable, rapidly available form for maximum joint care and anti-aging effect."

4. Nikki's Coconut Butter - "Prepare yourself for a new addiction" the home page warns...& it's true. These flavored coconut butters are amazing. You can bake with them, add to smoothies, or eat right off the spoon. My faves are 'Honey Pecan Pie', 'Vanilla Cake Batter' & 'Macadamia Nut Cookie'.

5. Rockwell's Coconut Chips - I mentioned these before, as the secret ingredient in my blueberry smoothie...sooo yummy! You can use these to sweetened just about anything, especially if you grind it up in a food processor. They're also awesome to add to trail mix or granola, or just on their own! I found these at Costco :)

6. Krisda Chocolate Chips - These chocolate chips are great! They're sugar free, gluten free, with no artificial sweeteners or additives & are high in fibre! I just love them! I've added them to greek yogurt & plan to use them in some overnight oats.

So there you have it... just some of the awesome products I've found (some with the help of others!) & am loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: