Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Depression Reared It's Ugly Head

Depression...I know I've mentioned it before, but I need to write about it again.  I've been really struggling with it & it's held me back from my fitness goals. It's like treading through very thick fog & you just don't seem to get anywhere.  I know it's different for everyone, but for me, it presented itself with symptoms of fatigue (extremely tired, all the time), complete lack of drive and motivation & just general feelings of sadness & blah.  I finally sought help to deal with it & have been seeing vast improvements in the last couple of weeks. It feels like a light has been switched on & the fog has gotten a lot thinner.

I don't know how many times I've heard ''Oh you know how to do it...you've done it before, you can do it again''...I knew that...I just didn't have the full capacity to go forward & do something about it.  But I do now :)  As a result, I'm eating a lot better & have the drive & energy to workout.  I've been tracking my meals & snacks on My Fitness Pal & my runs with Nike+ Running. Things are going well... I've got some more weight to lose to get back to where I was when I was tracking a few months ago. It's frustrating to have the setback...but I know no matter what, it's gotta get done & I know I can do it... and this time when I say that, I believe it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: