Friday, November 22, 2013

I Heart CrossFit

I remember being super nervous at the idea of going to a CrossFit class. I loved the idea of it & immersed myself in everything CrossFit (YouTube videos, etc) but was really intimidated by it. I was a strict bootcamper. The idea of Olympic lifting was fascinating but totally scary to me.

Then one day, (I'm not even sure what clicked) I decided to take the Fundamentals classes & there was no looking back. I love it. It's hard...challenging...and sometimes I look at VO2max's website to check to see what the W.O.D. (Workout of the Day) is & will psych myself out of going because I'm still very insecure about my skill set & abilities.

Despite the fear, I need CrossFit.  I've discovered that unless I have some big event (or the chance at a $5000 grand prize) I just don't tend to be that motivated on my own.  I know I have a lot of weight to lose, but I've just been at a dangerous happy medium between comfortable & uncomfortable such that I haven't been driven enough to do the work that needs to be done. So I need to go to something where I'm told what to do & I do it. And it's hard. But I feel accomplished when it's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: