Sunday, February 16, 2014

Faux Artisana Cacao Bliss

So a 6oz jar of Artisana's Cacao Bliss is $9.99 + TX + Shipping. Ugh.  So I decided to try to make my own.  I looked at the ingredients on the jar & winged it.  And let me tell you, it turned out pretty good!  So here's what I think I threw into my food processor... (It makes a lot, so feel free to adjust the amounts)

3/4 C. homemade coconut butter *see below
1/2 C. virgin coconut oil
4 TBSP unsweetened cacao powder I used a combo of this & this)
2/3 C. melted Cacao Butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 packages Grace brand pure creamed coconut (softened in warm water first)
1/3 C (maybe less?) Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar - (I used this because I didn't have Agave Nectar like it says on the Artisana Cacao Bliss packaging)

All blended together in my little food processor until smooth.  Poured into glass jars & then I put them in the fridge just to set (it was liquid when finished blending).  And you're done! YUM!






***Homemade Coconut Butter
300g package unsweetened medium coconut
4 TBSP virgin coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 dash of pink Himalayan sea salt

Ground in food processor until it forms coconut butter!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: