Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Living La Vida Low Carb

Well... you all know me...you know I've tried everything...Paleo, Eat Clean, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, & on & on... I'm now trying Low Carb/High Fat. So far it's been great & I'm down 10 lbs. I'm in what's called the induction phase so I'm trying to kkep my net carbs at about 20g/day. (Net carbs are the grams of carbs after you've subtracted the grams of dietary fiber)

It's a little bizarre not worrying about fat because we've been so ingrained with the idea that fat makes you fat. But all I can tell you is I started this a week and a half ago & I've lost 10 lbs.  I've eliminated sugar (all forms) and so far I've been doing okay with that (no freak outs with large cookie dough blizzards).   Also, I've noticed that my skin has cleared up noticeably & I'm convinced it has to do with eliminating sugar & my increase in water intake.

It's been a little tricky with prepping meals...I usually have to make something for the family & then something else for me...but it's been ok. Nomally we have the same protein source & then I'll have a salad or veggies along with it while they have veggies & rice or pasta. Sometimes, though, they just eat what I eat & that's even better! What's been awesome is Kacie eats my salads along with me at lunch time (she asks if she can have "leaves"), so it's good that she's learning to include veggies in her diet.

So I'll try to keep you all posted as to how things come along & please wish me continued success!

Here's a video from a movie (similar to "Super Size Me") called "Cereal Killers"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: