Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lemon Drop Fat Bombs

First of all... WHY fat bombs?

"If you are following the keto diet you probably already know that your main source of energy should come from fat. Sometimes it can be hard to find good easy snacks that contain a very high percentage of fat. The solution however is to make “fat bombs” that you can use whenever you feel for a little snack." *1

"Keep in mind that fat bombs are meant to be eaten as occasional snacks - they are not meal replacements. So, you can have them as:
  • Pre-workout snacks (1-2 pieces), I use snacks high in MCTs before or during my intense workouts - weights, HIIT.
  • On a fat fast 1-2 pieces a day together with other foods suitable for the FAT FAST
  • Energy boost. If you just started following a ketogenic diet and find it hard to eat enough fat (1-2 pieces a day)." *2
There's no shortage of fat when you're doing a keto (Low Carb, High Fat) diet, but sometimes you need a quick, sweet snack & the fat content makes it very filling. 

I've made them a few times & each time have been very pleased.  They're great because I find I don't go crazy on them like other treats I've made... you really only need 1 or 2 & then you're good.  So here's my recipe for Lemon Drop Fat Bombs.

-1/2 cup coconut oil
-1/2 cup coconut butter (I used Artisana's Raw Organic Coconut Butter)
-Juice & zest from one lemon
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-Stevia (or other sweetener of choice) to taste. I used 2.5 Krisda's Vanilla Stevia packets

Melt coconut oil & butter to liquid form. Mix in other ingredients. Pour into molds of choice. Freeze or refrigerate until solid. Keep in fridge or freezer until you'd like to enjoy them! 

Per Fat Bomb ~ Calories: 123 / Net Carbs: 1g / Fat: 12g / Protein: 1g

1*Source - Diet Keto.com
2*Source - The Keto Diet

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kellie, I love the addition of vanilla. Thank for linking to my fat fast post! I just noticed that the link is broken because there is a trailing full stop in the link. Thought you might want to know that :-)

    ReplyDelete

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: