Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Guacamole & The Many Ways You Can Enjoy It!

Can you see the edges of the bowl where I tried to clean it up a little for presentation's sake? Yea... didn't really work :)  And I can't take more pics because it's gone... because I ate it...ALL. So good. 

This is the kind I made tonight... Cilantro-Garlic Guac

~1 avocado - ripe & ready to go, cut & flesh removed. Mash the flesh!
~Add in approx 1 TBSP Cilantro paste. (I use cilantro paste because when I buy fresh it always goes bad & cost wise, the paste is pretty good for how much you get.) I don't know how much fresh you'd need to get the same taste.
~Add in approx 2 cloves minced garlic (I just used approx 1 tsp garlic powder)
~Then add onion of your choice... I used about 1 TBSP dehydrated onion (from Costco) but you could use minced frsh...maybe like 1/8-1/4 C. I am all about what's fastest & the least annoying.
~Add in 1/4 tsp cumin.
~Add a splash of lemon juice.
~Then add some sea salt. I did 3 turns on my grinder... so maybe like 1/4 tsp
~Mix together & you are good to go... Enjoy with veggies, plantain chips or regular chips...whatever plan you're on!

Tex-Mex Guac

~1 avocado - same as above...ripe & ready to go, cut & flesh removed. Mash the flesh!
~Add in 1/4 C salsa & 1/4 C sour cream
~Mix in sea salt to taste.
~Add garlic & onion if desired.
~Mix together & enjoy!

Garlic-Onion Guac

This is my go-to recipe because it's so quick & really tasty. My husband says it gives me awful breathe, though. Oh well, it tastes really good. 
~Add in approx 2 cloves minced garlic (I just use approx 1- 1 & 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
~Then add onion of your choice... I use about 1 TBSP dehydrated onion
~Throw in some sea salt - approx 1/4 tsp
~Mix all together & yum! You're good to go!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: