Sunday, January 18, 2015

Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie (Low Carb)

So I was getting sick of eating eggs everyday...so I decided to try to make a low carb shake.  I knew I couldn't do lots of fruit so I decided to go with peanut butter & chocolate...yay!

The base was ice cubes made out of coconut milk (canned, but it had been mixed together ~ meaning the cream wasn't separated from the coconut water,so it was more "liquidy"... I had prepared these coconut milk ice cubes ahead of time, but if you didn't have those you could used canned coconut milk & regular ice cubes) Added to this was a bit of full fat cream (remember...low card, high fat diet here)... I used whipping cream. And I threw a little water in there just for fun. :)

Then I added some Kraft All Natural Peanut Butter, Camino's Organic Cocoa Powder...but you could use cacao powder as well. Don't know the difference between the two...read here.  I added a scoop of LeanFit's Vanilla Protein Powder & some Extra Virgin Coconut oil. For sweetener I added some liquid stevia. I used Skinny Girl's Liquid Stevia, but any sweetener of choice (in the stevia family) would work for this. You could add a little xantham gum but I didn't & found this shake to be thick and creamy as is.

And here it is!


* 5 coconut milk ice cubes (approx 1/3 C coconut milk)
* 1/4-1/3 C whipping cream (or milk of choice ~almond milk, etc)
*1/4-1/3 C water
* 1 1/2 TBSP natural peanut butter (more to taste if desired)
* 1 1/2 TBSP unsw cocoa or cacao powder
* 1 scoop of low carb protein powder of choice (choc or vanilla)
* Liquid stevia to taste.

 Blend & enjoy!

Here are the details: (Remember...don't be afraid...DON'T FEAR FAT!!)

Calories: 520
Carbs: 12g (net 7g)  Net carbs are total carb grams minus Fiber grams
Fat: 38g
Protein: 36g
Sugars: 4g
Fiber: 5g

p.s. Cereal Killers was a REALLY good, very informative documentary & TOTALLY worth an hour of your life... If you don't have an hour, how about 10 minutes? Wanna see how a LCHF Diet changed this girl's body?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: