Wednesday, August 06, 2014

21 DSD Green Apple Coconut 2-Bites...with a Twist

Found this recipe in my Facebook feed (thanks Diane Sanfilippo) & thought I'd give it a try. It's from the amazing PaleOMG.

Check out the original recipe if you are doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox...or give this one a try...I just made a couple of changes :)
 
You will need:
*1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored & diced
*1/2 C coconut butter (I used a bit more than 1/2 C & divided the amount I used evenly between these 3 products: Nutiva's Coconut Manna, Nikki's Coconut Butter in Vanilla Cake Batter, & Macadamia Nut Cookie)
*3 TBSP Coconut Oil
*2 tsp cinnamon
*pinch of salt
*1 tsp granulated stevia (I used Krisda's for baking)
*3 TBSP (about) Rockwell's Coconut Chips
*1-2 TBSP more coconut oil for sautéing the apples
 
Here's what you do:
*Saute the diced apples in coconut oil.
*Soften/melt the coconut butter & oil in a bowl in the microwave (I did 39 seconds to be precise)
*Add in the coconut chips, stevia, cinnamon & salt.
*By this time the apples should be ready (you want them soft, but not burned); add them to the coconut butter mixture.
*Spoon the mixture (about 1 TBSP at a time) into mini muffin cups of choice in a muffin tin (I used parchment paper mini muffin cups bc that's all I had...worked great!)
*Place muffin tin in the freezer (for the shortest hardening time...you could also put into the fridge)
*When solid, unwrap & enjoy!
 

The disaster I create when I bake!

The final result!
 
p.s. they are soooo good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: