Monday, July 15, 2013

Breakfast Ice Cream

Sometimes you need (want) to eat your breakfast rather than slurp it. (Like me, today...I went to make some eggs...no eggs)  So this is a delicious option for you when that situation arises...*I use a VitaMix, so I can't speak to how this would work with any other device.*

(This is a stock photo, but aside from the chia/sesame seeds, this is pretty much exactly what it looks like)

Breakfast Ice Cream

2/3 C Greek yogurt
1/4 C vanilla yogurt
1/2 frozen banana
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 TBSP cacao nibs
2/3 scoop chocolate protein powder*
1 TBSP vanilla
1 tsp chocolate extract
Ice cubes to desired consistency (I used probably 10-12 to get it ice cream-like)

So yummy! I'm finding that half way through I'm satisfied, so I'm going to stick the rest in the freezer & have it a bit later for a snack.

*I know some of you strict Paleo People may be saying to yourself...wait... yogurt & protein powder aren't Paleo... I don't drink cow's milk, but I do eat greek yogurt (& sometimes other kinds too), I have protein powder & eat cheese occasionally.  I find that my digestive system is okay with these things... it's just my personal choice & I hope you're all cool with that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: