Thursday, January 24, 2013

21 Day Sugar Detox...Done & Done!



Okay!  So after a mostly Paleo Christmas, I wanted to get back on the 100% Paleo wagon.  Most of my meals were Paleo, but I was allowing myself some treats, etc.  I heard about the 21 Day Sugar Detox when I was listening to a Balanced Bites podcast & was on board.  I bought the guide & went for it.  I lost 6.5 lbs the first week & lost a total of 8.2 lbs.

It's not meant to be for weight loss...it's supposed to be about resetting your interpretation of what sweet tastes like & as such you needed to cut out all sweeteners, calorie laden & calorie free.  I definitely found it to be worthwhile.  It was challenging at times, but now I better appreciate making choices about the intake of  Paleo & non-Paleo sweeteners.

Before, I felt like I needed to have something sweet at least every day...sometimes with both lunch and dinner.  But now, even after it's been over for a few days, I'm finding that I'm still acting like I'm on the detox & won't have any kind of sweeteners.  And when I do want to have something sweet, I a) don't worry about doing it & b) am satisfied with less than I would've been previously.  I feel like my calibration of the desire for sweet things has been "re-set".

So all in all, very happy with the results & I'll do it again for sure!  Thanks Balanced Bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me be motivated with your thoughts here: